It was at the beginning of the year 2000 that Catherine and Daniel arrived at Le Rouret after a walk in the countryside:
« We literally fell in love with this place, completely authentic, the village church, the stone masonry, the village square shaded by Plane trees where you can play boules, la maison des Associations like an old farmhouse and this restaurant in the middle, which was in the beginning the village bar run by our infamous Françoise. »
After a few months of work, Catherine and Daniel opened the Clos Saint Pierre in the spirit of a table d’hôtes.
In 2003 the famous red MICHELIN guide awarded the Chef Daniel Ettlinger with one star, to the pleasure of all its locals. Two rooms can accommodate 55 covers and a large terrace of 100m² can seat another 60 covers.
The chef, Daniel Ettlinger goes to the local market several times a week to concoct his two unique menus which change every day:
« This allows me to work uniquely with fresh and seasonal produce. I know some of the producers for 20 years. I try to enhance their fruit, their vegetable, their fish…..In my kitchen there isn’t any fuss, I just want to highlight the flavours. »
Constant high quality, research into new and interesting culinary associations, a faithful clientele and tenacious suppliers. All these elements have made the Clos Saint Pierre an inescapable address for the region.
The restaurant Le Clos Saint Pierre offers a unique menu that changes every day:
- Weekly closure – Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Yearly closure – From the 20 december after lunch to the 31st (open for the new years eve) and from the 1st of February to the 3rd of March
- Positioned only 200 metres from the Hôtel du Clos and 200 metres from the Bistro du Clos
- The large town hall car park is situated just behind the restaurant and there is another 50 space car park just above it.
- Cheques are not accepted in the establishment
For all reservations or enquiries please contact us on +33 4 93 77 39 18 or via the website